Microsoft PowerApps and Flow Training
After taking this course, students will be able to:
- Understand when to use PowerApp.
- Describe the components of PowerApps and their correct use.
- Create PowerApps from existing data sources.
- Brand PowerApps.
- Customize PowerApps beyond just using the automated wizards.
- Connect to a range of data sources from Excel to Azure SQL.
- Understand the difference between canvas apps and model-driven apps.
- Integrate PowerApps with other Office 365 systems – including Teams and SharePoint Online.
- Administer and Maintain PowerApps
1 – AN INTRODUCTION TO POWERAPPS
- What is PowerApps?
- The benefits of apps
- How to get PowerApps
- Canvas Apps and Model-Driven Apps
- License Options and Costs
- Discover PowerApps with Templates
- Lab 1: Introduction to PowerApps
2 – GETTING STARTED WITH POWERAPPS
- Building a new app from a data source
- Add, edit and remove controls
- Intro to Formulas
- Testing an app
- App Settings
- Publish and Share Apps
- Version History and Restore
- PowerApps Mobile App
- Lab 1: Getting Started
3 – BRANDING AND MEDIA
- Less is more
- Duplicate Screens
- Screen Colours and Matching Colours
- Screen Backgrounds
- Buttons and Icons
- Hide on Timer
- Size and Alignment by reference
- Show and Hide on Timer
- Lab 1: Branding and Media
4 – POWERAPPS CONTROLS
- Text Controls for Data Entry and Display
- Controls – Drop downs, combo box, date picker, radio button and more
- Forms – Add and edit data in underlying data sources quickly
- Charts – present information in pie, line and bar charts
- Lab 1: Build Apps from Blank
5 – DATA SOURCES AND LOGIC
- Data Storage and Services
- How do I decide which database to use?
- Connect to on-premises data – Gateway
- What is Delegation?
- Specific Data Examples
- Displaying Data
- Lab 1: Data Source and Logic
6 – MODEL-DRIVEN APPS
- What is a model-driven app?
- Where will my data be stored?
- How do create a model-driven app
- Canvas vs model-driven summary
- Lab 1: Model-Driven App
7 – POWERAPP INTEGRATION
- Embed PowerApps in Teams
- Embed PowerApps in SharePoint Online
- Start a Flow from a PowerApp
- Lab 1: PowerApp Integration
8 – ADMINISTRATION AND MAINTENANCE OF POWERAPPS
- Identify which users have been using PowerApps
- Reuse an app in another location (move from testing or development to production)
- Review app usage
- Prevent a user from using PowerApps
- Manage environments
- Lab 1: Administration and Maintenance