Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server (MOC 20463c )
Course Duration: 3 Days
Cost: $ 600.00
What Students Receive
Each student will receive:
- A printed courseware manual with samples and hands-on exercises for use during and after class.
- Sample course files and solutions
- Access to a complete, online lab environment both during and after class to practice your new skills.
- A course completion certificate upon successful completion of the course
This course describes how to implement a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services. This course helps prepare students for Exam 70-463. Note: This course is designed for students who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations.
- Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
- Design and implement a data warehouse.
- Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Implement Control Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data extraction.
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data loading.
- Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services.
- Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity.
- Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
- Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
- Describe how BI solutions can consume data from the data warehouse.
This course is intended for database professionals who need to create and support a data warehousing solution. Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing a data warehouse.
- Developing SSIS packages for data extraction, transformation, and loading.
- Enforcing data integrity by using Master Data Services.
- Cleansing data by using Data Quality Services.
In order to receive the most benefit from this training, student should have the following prerequisites prior to attending class:
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Designing a normalized database.
- Creating tables and relationships.
- Querying with Transact-SQL.
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Planning Data Warehouse Infrastructure
- Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
- Creating an ETL Solution with SSIS
- Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
- Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages
- Implementing a Data Extraction Solution
- Loading Data into a Data Warehouse
- Enforcing Data Quality
- Extending SQL Server Integration Services
- Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
- Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse
Get this training Live online on In-House