Data Protection Act (DPA 2019) Course Training
The Data Protection Act, No. 24 of 2019, came into effect on 25th November 2019. The
Act is meant to give effect to Article 31(c) and (d) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on the right to privacy.
In addition to establishing the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, the Act makes provision for the regulation of the processing of personal data. It provides for the rights of data subjects and obligations of data controllers and processors. The Act creates rights and obligations which must be understood, not only by data processors or controllers, but also by individuals and organizations. Further, they must be well equipped with the relevant data protection knowledge in order to implement and manage an effective data protection compliance framework.
- Comply with Article 31 (c) and (d) of the Kenya Constitution and demonstrate that you’re continuously training staff on their responsibilities.
- Educate teams on the roles, principles, and processes under the Act.
- Use this e-learning training as part of your induction program to raise awareness and strengthen staff understanding of the Data Protection Act.
- Encourage a culture of data protection throughout your organization and ensure everyone receives the same level of training.
- Test learner knowledge to demonstrate compliance for auditing purposes.
Cognizant of the impact that the Act has on organizations, government, including state corporations and businesses, OCL Learning has rolled out this training to create awareness of the data protection law, including the principles that have to be adhered to in order to keep data accurate, safe, secure and lawful, and to provide a deeper practical understanding on how to comply with the new regulatory regime on data protection.
- Among the topics to be covered are;
- An overview of the regulatory framework on data protection;
- The roles and responsibilities of different players in the data protection regime,
including data controllers, data processors and data protection officers;
- Global developments in data protection – the case for Global Data Protection Regulations (GDPR);
- Implementing and managing a data protection compliance framework.
- Introduction to the Data Protection Act (2019) and initiation of Data Protection Act Compliance
- : Plan the implementation of Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Deploying the Data Protection Act (DPA)
- – Monitoring and continuous improvement of Data Protection Act (DPA) compliance
- The Key Elements of the Data Protection Act
- Data Protection Rights & Breach
- DPA Impact to Organizations (Data, Systems, Legal, Processes)
- Setting up the Data Protection Act Monitoring Template
- Finding Common Ground – Your Current & Future Case