Develop Budgets and Forecasts aligned to your activities, goals and targets. By using Microsoft Excel tools, we teach you the critical steps and paths for standard budgeting and Forecasting process.
Class Duration: 15 Hours | Onsite and Live Online
This training focuses on Microsoft Excel most critical budgeting and Forecasting tools, Multiple budget sheet and workbook consolidation, Budget Mapping and coding and using Microsoft Excel Functions and formulas to ease the budget process, budget monitoring and reporting.
We blend this class with class assignments for live online classes so that you can immediately implement what you learn in real environments.
Access our pre-built budget Templates by industry and complexity when you enroll for this course.
- A review Budget Types and Formats
- The 5-step budgeting Process
- Developing Mapping and Budget Codes
- Formulas and Functions for Budgeting
- Using Microsoft Excel Forecasting tool and Analysis ToolPak Addin
- Creating Budget Summaries and Dashboards
- Defining Inputs, Assumptions and Budget Outputs
- Tracking and Monitoring Budgets
- Linking Budgets to Staff Roles using Microsoft Visio
- Linking Budgets with Revenue/Expenses
- Forecasting Methods – Linear vs Moving Averages and ARIMA Models
- Budget Controls, Budget Integrity and Versioning
- Budget Integrity: controlling data entry
- versioning and version rollback
- Using Charts in Forecasting
- Automating with Macros and VBA
- Consolidating Budgets across Workbooks and Worksheets
- Budgeting and Forecasting use cases:
- Use Case 1: NGO/Social Enterprise Budgeting and Forecasting
- Use Case 2: Start-up Budgeting and Forecasting
- Use Case: FMCG,Inventory, Commercial Budgeting and Forecasting
- Sharing Budgets: Publishing your budget to SharePoint and Power BI
- Using Power Automate in the Budget Approval Process in Office 365
Sign up for full course outline