Define and solve a problem by using Solver
- In Excel 2010, 2013 and 2016 and later, go to File > Options or press the short cut keys ALT +F + T
Note: For Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then in the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Solver Add-in check box, and then click OK.
- If the Solver Add-in is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate the add-in.
- If you get prompted that the Solver Add-in is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- After you load the Solver Add-in, the Solvercommand is available in the Analysis group on the Data tab
Solver Addin UseCases
- Transportation Problem
- Personel Shift Allocation
- Profit Modeling
- Queuing Problem
- Budget Modeling
- Resources allocation solutions
- Tariff and Rate Modeling for Utilities such as Power, Gas, Licensing and many money
Party adopted from Microsoft Website. Drafted by David K. Kandie, OCL Learning, Chief Learning Officer