What is Power BI embedded analytics?
Power BI embedded analytics allows you to embed your Power BI content such as reports, dashboards and tiles, in a web application or in a website.
- Using Power BI embedded analytics you can:
- Deliver compelling data experiences for your end users, enabling them to take action based on insights fromyour solutions data.
- Quickly and easily provide exceptional customer-facing reports, dashboards, and analytics in your own apps by using and branding Power BI as your own.
- Reduce developer resources by automating the monitoring, management, and deployment of analytics, while getting full control of Power BI features and intelligent analytics.
What are the Power BI embedded analytics solutions?
Power BI embedded analytics offers two solutions:
Embed for your customers – Allows you to build a an app that uses non-interactive authentication against Power BI. Your customers are likely to be external users, and they don’t need to sign in using Power BI credentials to view the embedded content. Typically, this solution is used by independent software vendors (ISVs) who are developing applications for third parties. For a tutorial, see Embed Power BI content using a sample embed for your customers application.
Embed for your organization – Allows you to build an app that requires signing in using Power BI credentials. Once signed in users can only consume embedded content they have access to on Power BI service. This solution is aimed at big organizations that are building an app for internal users. For a tutorial, see Embed Power BI content into an application for your organization.
What are Power BI capacities?
Capacity is a set of resources reserved for exclusive use. It enables you to publish dashboards, reports, and datasets to users, without having to purchase per-user licenses. It also offers dependable, consistent performance for your content.
There are two types of Power BI embedded analytics offerings, each requiring a different capacity:
- Power BI Embedded – An Azure offer that requires A SKUs, and is associated with the embed for your customers solution.
- Embedding with Power BI – A Microsoft Office offer that requires P or EM SKUs.