Advanced Excel for Procurement Professionals
The function of today’s procurement professional involves collating and analyzing vendor data, developing and sharing performance dashboards and creating interactive business cases and sensitivity or scenario models – and this require the capability to effectively utilize the Microsoft Excel software.
This intensive, hands-on course demonstrates the full capabilities of the MS-Excel program for the role of a procurement and supply chain professional.
Look, even if you are an experienced Excel user, you may not be utilizing the tools that can help you conduct expert procurement analysis, make sound purchasing decisions and deliver top-notch presentations.
Our highly personal and interactive course “Microsoft Excel For Purchasing Professionals” will enable you to perform sophisticated spreadsheet tasks through exercises that are based entirely on the situations that you face in your purchasing work.
You will learn:
- How to assess the competitiveness of supplier pricing through developing “Should Cost Models”
- Learn how to conduct procurement analysis using Excel
- How to assess all elements of supplier capabilities by creating weighted average supplier scorecards
- How to use Excel’s sophisticated decision support features for procurement analysis
- How to visually compare bids, analyze spend, and track supplier performance by creating charts
- How to use PivotTables, functions, and subtotals to summarize large amounts of purchasing data
- How to develop “Target Pricing Models” for negotiation strategy
- How to import data from other systems into Excel for analysis
- How to drill down into complex purchasing spreadsheets by using filtering, conditional formatting, VLOOKUP and more
- Utilize Macros and advanced functions to save time when manipulating data and automating the production of management reports and charts
- Set up Excel databases and data warehouse to consolidate data on vendor spend and estimates.
- Develop and share performance dashboards which will include the number of vendors, value, number of transactions, payment terms and savings
- Conduct profit and cost variation, sensitivity and margin analysis to help highlight key benefits of using one vendor over another.
- Develop projection and cost benefit analysis spreadsheets to assist with management decision making and managing external factor risk.
What You Get
- DVD with Course Resources – Videos, PowerPoint Slides and Excel Workbooks with customizable charts, dashboards and reporting models
- 2 Days Instructor led training
How to Sign up